Monday, March 7, 2016

A Disciple Forever



 Sister Jensen.  We started out as little greenie missionaries, and here we are...
 The three of us reunited, one last time
Wow. I cannot believe this is my last time I'll be writing home from Taiwan!  I'm not quite sure it's real yet. This week has been full of emotions! But over and above the emotions, I've noticed that most of my prayers have just been ones of gratitude.  I can't thank Heavenly Father enough for Him letting me come to this beautiful island and share the gospel to these amazing people.  I got to be here for a whole 8 months duo! What a miracle. 

RC fireside

 The Chen family.  Their girls are so cute
                                             Sweet little Chen Hui Mu.  One of our RC's
Lately I've been writing down the things I've learned from/with each companion, and I can't believe how much the mission has changed me and taught me.  I have become a more willing and faithful disciple of Christ.  I have learned and experienced that without Christ, I am nothing.  Prayer works.  God is real, and He totally answers prayers whether you want to believe it or not. I've been humbled over and over again, and it's allowed me to be molded into the person who I am today. I am so grateful for the testimony I've gained while I've tried to help other people gain theirs.  A lot of people say when they go on a mission, "I want to gain a testimony!" But that's not why we serve.  We serve a mission and serve in the church to bring others the gift of eternal life. All the things along the way are just extra (and much appreciated) blessings. 
 Central Zone
I had my last interview with President, and that still wasn't real in my mind.  We talked a lot about how I've grown as a missionary, and what life has to offer for me next.  Haha I'll show you the notes.  He's quite a man of wisdom.  Honestly, I still don't know what I'm doing with my life, but I have absolute faith that revelation will come little by little, and Heavenly Father won't let me get too far off the right course.
 We met these sweet Christian girls from the Philippines
We ate at a Buddhist Miao way up a hill with Sister Chen and Sister Xu
This week was literally filled with miracles! I couldn't have asked for anything better. To start off, we finally got in contact with Chantelle! Haha a ward member knew where she lived, so we went to her house and met her mom, who was real nice.  We just left a note, praying her mom would pass it on, and she texted us back a few days ago! We'll meet with her this week. Our prayers have been answered (: 
 Our cute little Korean investigator, Sister Jiang.  Guess how old she is?  WRONG.  38.
 Exchanges with Sister Lin and Sisten Chan
Especially since zone meeting, we've really been focusing on finding member referrals, and our work has finally produced fruits! So probably the first week that Sister Juarez was here, we went to Zhonghe, her old area, to see her investie get baptized.  She talked to a member that had a referral who lives in Beitou, and this week we were able to meet with her.  She's Jiang Su Ying, and she's the cutest little lady from Korea! She said she's seen a ton of Christians, but she noticed something different about Sister Cai, the sister from Zhonghe. She was so genuine and nice, and her family seemed so well put together and happy.  That was all it took? Being a good example is so easy, but so important!! People really do notice a difference in members of the church. 

Jia Qi took us to an all-you-can-eat dessert place--YUM


 Zheng Yi Ting.  She was baptized at the same time as Steven, on Oct 31st
 Zhang Ting--I'll miss this girlie.  Her family was LA until they came to
the Christmas party that we sang at. We guanxin'd her, and their
whole family is active now, and her little sister is working toward baptism.
                                                                   What a miracle.
Okay, church yesterday was just a huge miracle. You'll never guess.  CHEN LEI came to church!!! We didn't even call her or anything! She's the one who was married to Buddha, and didn't want to meet with us anymore because of 1 Nephi 4 when Nephi kills Laban.  She has changed, let me tell ya! She came and was just so humble.  She said she was thinking about it this morning, and realized that it was probably okay by the law or something that Nephi could kill Laban.  Then in gospel principles class and Relief Society, she said all these awesome comments and bore an awesome testimony about prophets! She totally knows and has a testimony of this stuff! I know that she will be baptized.  God loves us so much!

The Zheng family took us out to lunch today (: They're the cutest couple ever!

Haha we came up with a few more Chinese tongue twisters that none of you will understand but that's okay I'm going to say them anyway because they're delightful to me:

Wo chang chang qiangdiao wo toufa fei chang de chang (I often [word I can't remember how to translate] my hair is very long)
Wo jianzheng xianzhi shi shen de shizhe (I testify the prophet is God's messenger)

The Hong family.  They're not investigators (yet), but they've
been really good to us missionaries

Anyway. 
My ponderizing scripture for this week is 3 Nephi 5:13. I pre-memorized it. Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the son of God.  I have been called of Him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life. I will always be a disciple of Jesus Christ, and I will always carry that responsibility on my shoulders to share his gospel. I gladly accept (:

Exchanges with Sister Wong

 Movie party after church with Tony (elder's investie), Brother Deng
(our LA that's super active now) and Chen Lei
Teach by example, maybe?
Well, I've been asked a few times, but I'm not totally sure about my homecoming! It will be this Sunday, March 13 at the Main Street chapel in Orem [9 am]. Talk to my mom to find out what time and other stuff (: Everyone is welcome!

I just want to say thanks.  Thanks to everyone for your prayers, your emails and letters, and especially for your example and teaching and allowing me to gain enough sense and faith to serve a mission.  This has been the best choice I've ever made (: I can't wait to see y'all in America!

Woe I knee (: 

Love, Feng Jiemei
 Don't worry family.  I'm still me... (:

No comments:

Post a Comment