Monday, March 23, 2015

Do You Know Why You're Here?



Wow, I can't believe another week has flown by! The weeks are getting faster and faster, but sometimes the days seem longer and longer. Nothing too exciting this week happened with all the investigators we have on date, unfortunately.  Haha I swear, we find these legit people, teach them the restoration, commit them to  a date, and then we lose all contact with them! But I won't let them get away that easily (:
                                                 Just killing time, waiting for the train
We got to teach Montavious last Monday in Shira's home, and he brought a surprise investigator! I don't remember if I wrote about this last week, but we met a guy named Ray, and when he first saw us he said, "y'all are the Mormons right?" Boy are we! You don't hear that every day (: Ray used to work with Montavious, and they were talking about how he liked meeting with us.  So it was way cool that Ray came with Montavious to the lesson, and we just answered a ton of his questions, and it was way good! Something President Harding always says is when you need to invite the Spirit in on the spot, to testify of Christ.  Ray didn't know what the spirit felt like, so I explained that the Holy Ghost testifies of Christ.  When I say, Jesus Christ is the savior of the world, the Spirit comes in and testifies to your heart that it's true.  And you could feel the spirit so strong! That was way cool (: He and Montavious will be a good little fellowship team for each other. 
                                    Sis. Mason took us out to dinner after our miracle night!
                                                     Here we are at the "Pig Palace"
One day, Sister Mason, the mission nurse, came out with us for the night.  That was pretty much a miracle night! None of our appointments were there, but we were led to so many miracles because of it. We even got in contact with Jackie again!!! We haven't been able to talk to her for like 3 months.  She was the one who got a Book of Mormon like 10 years ago, read it, and knows it's true! Oh man.  I love Jackie! Also, she had 4 family members pass away within the last month or so.  I swear, everyone we talk to dies, or knows someone that's passed away.  Didn't that happen when dad was the bishop? Maybe it's in our genes... But anyway, we got to teach her the restoration again, and she's still so solid (: 
We had zone conference this week, and we actually got to have an interview with President Harding! He doesn't do them very often, so it's definitely a special experience.  The moment I walked in, he started talking about my visa.  They're still working on it and doing everything they can to help it move quickly.  He promised me that it would come, and I have full faith in that.  He asked if I knew why I'm here, and I told him I have no idea! I'm still trying to figure that out.  Of course the Lord needs me here for some reason, but he also said that it might just be because he (President Harding) needs me here.  I never thought of that.  But I've been praying that I would know without a doubt to find out the reason I'm here. Stay tuned! He also promised that if we worked harder to get more lessons with a member present, and find around members, we would see many baptisms. Challenge accepted.
We had a little fiasco with Carlos the other day.  We called to check up on him the other day, and he was about to drop us! Then he had to go for a second, and we immediately prayed that his heart would be softened and he would want to actually read the Book of Mormon and come to church.  We called everyone we could think of and asked them to pray in faith for Carlos.  We just heard the zone leaders do that,  and they all prayed that a husband's heart would be softened, and their friends in Utah called him and said they have tickets to see general conference for them.  Anyway, we called Carlos back a little later, and we talked for like 40 minutes, trying to just say anything that might help.  He's been feeling scared, and definitely the powers of the adversary whenever he goes to read the Book of Mormon, and he promised us that he would just read one chapter.  It's a long story, but I found myself testifying to him that I was sent to Barnesville, Georgia to find him.  Woah.. That totally threw me off guard! I'm not sure if I just said that to make him feel like I'm not just 'doing my job' or if that was really the Spirit working through me that said it.  Either way, I've got some praying to do to find out if that's why I'm here.  
Whew. Okay, to lighten up the mood now.  We were tracting the other day (with a member, of course) and we get to probably the richest house in Barnesville.  The guy kindly rejects us as he's out on the porch with the door shut behind him, and another guy comes up to the door from the inside, knocks on it, and is like, "hey, can you call the fire department?" I think something is smoking" so nonchalantly.  Haha I don't know why it was so funny.  Probably 10 minutes later, we hear the siren casually driving down the street to their house.  Oh, Barnseville. We also got stopped by the train a few times, and when the train comes through, literally the whole town has to stop! Haha it's so funny.  You can try to drive around, but you might as well just wait for 10-20 minutes.
                                                When the train comes, the whole city stops
I also hit my first road kill on the way to church yesterday! Well,  I guess the proper term would be I made my first road kill.  But I'm grateful it happened because I was tired early in the morning and it was probably Heavenly Father showing me his sense of humor and making sure I was awake. So, thanks! Also, thanks to dad who once told me not to swerve when there's an animal in the road, and to just hit it. 
Okay, just a few more things! Sister Call and I have been reading "The Power of Everyday Missionaries" again because she hasn't read it.  It's so good! I'm so determined to be an awesome member missionary when I'm home.  I encourage all of yall to read it! It's fei chang hao!
Also, I heard a good quote at church yesterday.  Study as if you were going to teach what you read.  Seems legit.  I'm gonna do it. 
I hope y'all are doing wonderful! I know that this is the Lord's work because I've seen too many miracles for it not to be.  I'm so grateful to be a part of Christ's restored church, and I'm so thankful to be His servant! Love yall!!

Sister Facer
                            I should learn how to do graffiti and come up with cool gang names
                                                            like 'okeydoak'

No comments:

Post a Comment