Monday, June 22, 2015

Farewell to Hotlanta



Happy Father's Day!!!
To my favorite daddy, and my grandpas, brothers (only Scott and Manuel. Haha maybe next year Brigham and Joseph!), and all those who have touched my life (: Daddy, I love you so much.  Thank you for being an amazing example of one who would serve the Lord for anything and any time. I can't even tell you how much I've learned from you, and I'm so thankful for all of our little daddy-daughter times we had gardening, fishing, driving and who knows what else!
          The district--Elders Gallovich and Hamilton, us, Elders Gebauer and Hollingsworth (DL)
This week was a wonderful last week in Atlanta.  I realized that I think this transfer was more for me like a training for Taiwan than anything else.
 The Atlanta North elders from the YSA ward, E Zimmerman, Rigtrup
 We really didn't teach many people, and as of right now, we have about a half of a progressing investigator.  But we've had a million opportunities to find people street contacting, store contacting and in visiting with people at the park.  Before this transfer (and even the first few weeks) that was probably my biggest weakness! But now I feel a lot more comfortable just talking to anyone.  Bring it on, airport! I'll have to tell y'all later about Sister Echols' story that inspired me to become better at contacting, but I have sure come to love teaching and sharing the gospel.  Before the mission, I was terrified to give a sunday school lesson! Looking back, I can see clearly how Heavenly Father has been molding me into the person He knows I can become.  What a miracle.
 Silly elders--they thought they could fool us!
 Drained after a long Sunday
Jordan finally received his answer and ended up dropping us.  It's really too bad! He loves the idea of eternal families and baptisms for the dead, but just can't wrap his mind around some other things.  I think right now maybe just isn't the right time.  But we definitely planted a big seed.  He even told us this last week that he developed a faith in Christ that he didn't know if he would ever get back.  So, I guess we fulfilled our purpose in a different way.
 Just keeping our eyes on the road
 district selfie
 Saying goodbye to the Sandy Springs sisters-Sisters Creech and Manakofua
Chao is doing well, he reads all the pamphlets we give him, and makes little Chinese notes and questions (: and he came to church again yesterday! He made friends with Shuping, a girl in the ward who is also from China.  I pray that he'll get baptized!!
Chinese candy!  This includes beef...
This week I also got to use my Spanish a ton! Haha one time, this guy from Colombia just started going off at me, and somehow I responded perfectly in Spanish.  That's the gift of tongues if nothing else.  I know I'll have that same blessing in Taiwan! I've been surprised at how many people we've met from Mexico, specifically people from Brig's mission like Altamirano, Guerrero, and something like Chipotle. They always think it's so cool that I speak Spanish, and also that my brother has been to where they're from.  Connections are wonderful (:
We had to go to Pep boys this week to get an oil change, and it was like a 3 hour wait, so naturally we decided we'd make the best of our time and just walk the streets.  I felt like a real missionary walking the crazy streets of Atlanta! It was sweet. We talked to homeless people,  (did I ever mention that we also live down the street from a homeless shelter?), sweated a bunch, and talked to everyone.  I'm definitely going to miss HOTlanta!

Haircut with Mitch and Alyssa at the church
I'm especially grateful for the time I've had with Sister Manzer.  She has taught me so much, and helped me be the missionary I need to be for Taiwan. We have had so much fun together, laughed, cried, and felt the spirit together.  She's amazing (: 

Sad to say good bye
It just hit me this morning that I'm actually leaving this wonderful area! I will be leaving tomorrow at 12:30 in the afternoon.  I'll be all by myself, so I'm a little nervous about the whole airport experience since I've never been flown alone, and it seems like a lifetime ago that I was even alone for anything! It will be great though!  For 10 months, I've been praying that I will meet someone in the airport or on the plane who is prepared to receive the message I have been set apart to give.  Sister Mason (the mission nurse) called and told me she'd be taking me to the airport.  THIS IS REAL. I'M GOING TO TAIWAN!!!  I don't know how to express excitement in Chinese or I totally would, but WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until next time! I love y'all (:

Love, Sister Facer
Good-bye to Sister Manzer, and my taxi driver, Sister Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment