Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Spirit of Christmas



Happy December!
I can't believe how fast the time has passed; It still feels like we're in the middle of August! Emily and Sean, thank you so much for your sweet card and the money.  Shauna, thank you for the package and money! It's so nice to have some Christmas music to listen to, along with the other motab that mom sent (: and Canyon, thanks for your letter! I'll definitely send it back so we can play tic tac toe (:
                        Ashley's baptism! Her mom, Tammy; her dad, Kevin, Ashley, and us (:
First, I have to tell about our last baptism! Ashley was baptized on tuesday, and it was such a sweet experience.  Her parents came, and even a few friends, and her boyfriend cared enough to face time from his home for the whole thing.  It was so awesome! Her parents are super supportive, and I just know they felt the spirit, especially since we were able to watch a bit of the restoration video.  She's going to go to the Jackson ward from now on, but I just know they'll be baptized one day! I'm definitely going to keep in touch with her when I get home.  She was confirmed on sunday, and it’s amazing that every time I hear those words, "receive the Holy Ghost," it's as if I'm receiving it all over again.  That's so powerful! It's interesting how they say 'receive'. It's not forced upon you, but it's there if you're willing to let it be.  That's always a good reminder. We also got to share Joseph Smith's First Vision a few times, and every time I hear or talk about it, it's just so powerful! That story brings such an amazing spirit into the room, and there's just no denying it. 
                                              Me and the new comp! Sister Achziger (:
Transfers were on wednesday, and my new companion is Sister Achziger (Ahk-zigger). She's from Colorado, and has been out for 15 months, so she'll probably die here in Barnseville.  She's so sweet though, and a really good trainer.  I've already learned so much from her! Haha her driver's license actually expired on her mission, which makes me the designated driver.. That's been interesting! Luckily, she has a GPS though, and we just learn where the streets are together. It's been a whole new experience from being with someone who's been here for 9 months, to being here for only 6 weeks and working with someone who is new to the area.  Haha let's just say we've done a lot of finding and tracting this week.  My favorite quote so far: "Could we say a prayer with you?" "No, thanks, I'm Christian." hahah I wonder how people feel after they slam the door in our faces. 
So we're still working with West, and he went through a little bump in the road when Sis Watts left.  He's doing a lot better now though.   We asked him to pray specifically to know if he should be baptized, and now he's a  lot more confident about it! Specific prayers get specific answers! What do you know? So hopefully he'll get 'dipped' (as he likes to say) this weekend or next weekend.  This week we met Carlos from Mexico, and that was a tender mercy.  At first he was a little hesitant in talking to us because his English isn't too good, then I start talking to him in Spanish! Strike! Haha it was so hard because these Chinese words kept coming out, but I'm so glad I was able to bridge that gap between us.  For some reason, it just makes them trust me when I tell them I have two brothers who served in Mexico. Insta-friends! So hopefully we'll be able to teach him some more this week! Speaking of Mexico, I found out that Sis Achziger's brother also served in Cuernavaca! What?? I think it would have been right as Brigham was leaving, but that was still cool to find out! 
We also met Brock while tracting, and he's totally going to get baptized!! We taught him the restoration, and the spirit was so strong! We invited him to church, and he texted us later and was like, "I can't come to church, but don't give up on me!" Later he said, "the book you gave me is so awesome!" the Book of Mormon, of course.  Ohh man I'm so excited to teach him some more!! I just love when people are so prepared. 
We were fortunate enough to be able to go to the Christmas devotional last night.  That was really good! I liked how they compared each of the characters, and really went deep into the parts that they played.  I just love Christmas (: and it's seriously the perfect time to talk to people! The spirit of Christmas is a real thing! 
No visa updates, but honestly, I'm okay with that! I would love to spend Christmas in Georgia.  I'm glad to hear from everyone that that all is well! I love you so much, and I so appreciate all your support and prayers.  Stay on the boat!

Love, Sister Facer

No comments:

Post a Comment