Monday, April 6, 2015

Message Received



                       Look what I woke up to on Easter morning!  Sis. Call's specialty is an 
                  egg and spinach omelet, pineapple, and a green smoothie.  Thanks, tongban!
Happy Easter/General Conference weekend! Time is flying so fast! I can't believe we already made it to another General Conference and Easter weekend.  Our week was wonderful.  We kept very busy while trying to get a ton of people to conference, moving, and who knows what. Conference was AMAZING!!! It's seriously my favorite time of year.  Haha I remember as a kid dreading 8 hours of old people talking, but now I understand why it's important and I can't get enough! We saw so many miracles this week as we talked about conference, as well as some people very turned away.  With one potential investigator, we stopped by and told him the prophet would be speaking, and he was just baffled by the thought of a living prophet on the earth.  Ah, it's just so sad! But fortunately, there were more people that were way excited to come and hear the prophet and the apostles speak.  We saw miracle after miracle as we got in touch with people we haven't talked to in forever and set them to come to at least one session. Lesson learned: the Lord will provide in time of need!  Unfortunately, not one person came haha. JUST COME TO CHURCH, PEOPLE!! I don't understand why it's such a hard thing to come! But we keep trying and loving them with persistence. I got a lot out of it, anyway, and we'll just have to share the messages that we heard with everyone. 
General Conference though.  So good! I loved Holland, of course, as well as Gerald Causse and how he talked about not taking the gospel for granted.  I also liked Dale G Renlund's talk about saints and sinners, and how Wilford W Andersen related the gospel to music.  Okay, they were just all good (: But I have to say that President Monson's talk was specifically for me this time.  I have no idea what his real message was or what any of y'all got out of it; But we've been applying Elder Kopischke's advice when he came to the mission, which is to invite people to come to church with a question.  So we did that with everyone we invited to conference, and I did it myself. I've been praying so hard and so long to know why I'm here in Georgia at this time, and I think I got my answer.  Straight from the prophet.  Some day, whether it's tomorrow or in 30 years, I will be able to use this experience to help someone else going through a similar situation.  It doesn't matter how long I'm in Georgia, or if I ever get to Taiwan.  But He's molding me into the person I need to be in order to help other people.  And I think I've finally accepted that fact.  It doesn't matter where I am, as long as I'm serving the Lord.  I would love so much to be in Taiwan and teach those people and actually learn how to speak Chinese, but I'm still doing the same service to Him right here.  And that's all that matters.
Yes mom, I did think of you while they showed the beautiful tulips in front of the Salt Lake temple, and definitely missed those mountains.  I was looking for Kristen in the choir but she wasn't there! What happened?
Oh boy. Haha so I got a haircut last week. Well, make that two haircuts.  The first time, a member cut my hair, and it turned out to be "a haircut on top of a haircut", as the real hair stylist put it.  I forgot to take a picture, she was able to fix it up and make it look good. Thank goodness.
                                 New haircut! A little shorter than I wanted, but it will grow! 
We were going to move on Wednesday, but the landlord wasn't there, so we had to wait until Friday.  We had a ton of help from Sister Parker, the Danklef's, and the office elders, so that was really nice.  We had a few problems getting the fire department to turn on our electricity, and we were going to have to wait until Monday, but then at the last minute, they said they'd turn it on without any fee because we're from the church.  I'm not sure what exactly that means, but that was definitely a tender mercy.  Haha meanwhile, before the electricity turned on, me and Sister Call were hurrying to chug milk and eat the last bit of spinach and honey mustard before they went bad sitting out.
                        All packed up and ready to go!  Who knew we had so much stuff... 
We had an AMAZING lesson with Misty this past week! I'm not sure if I've told y'all about her... But we tracted into her, and she just knew we were sent from God. We taught her the restoration, and she was just coming up with all sorts of doubts that weren't really relevant.  We decided that she just needed a firm testimony of Joseph Smith and the BOM before we moved on, so we planned to watch the restoration movie with her. We had the Benich's with us, and at the beginning of the lesson, she flat out said that she's non denominational, and she won't be baptized into any church because denominations aren't good.  By the end of the movie, the Spirit was just so strong, and we testified to her, invited her to baptism, and she accepted immediately.  AHH it was so cool to see the Spirit soften her heart and testify to her!! Seriously, without the Spirit, we are NOTHING. 
Transfers are this week, and at least two of the elders are leaving from our district and me and Sister Call are staying put.  K seriously,  I'm not just in Georgia for a reason, but I'm in Barnesville for a reason! There's gotta be someone here that I'm supposed to find, teach, and baptize.  
Well, things are just sunflowers and roses over here! Haha I'm excited for a new transfer and kind of a fresh start.  We're working hard and loving every minute of the work.  Because He Lives, we can and will all live again, and we can all find peace and joy in this life and in the life to come.

Love, Sister Facer


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment