Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Temple Day--Does It Get Any Better Than This?



Happy temple day!!
We woke up early today to come email before the temple, but not as early as last time, thankfully.  our session is at 1 today, so we won't really get to do anything else while we're in Taipei. Going to the temple is worth it though! Man, this week was awesome. I feel like I became a new person!  
 Exchanges--back with Sis. Sagisi
Dinner with Carly.  The literal translation of what we're eating is "coffin"
We just finished with exchanges yesterday (with Sis. Sagisi again!) and she gave me a talk from Elder Bednar about the redeeming and enabling power of the atonement.  I feel like this week I have truly seen the enabling power of the atonement working in my life.  He strengthens us when we have nothing left.  He doesn't change our circumstances, but he gives us strength to get through anything! Just like in the BOM when the guy (yes, I can't remember who it is, don't judge) is wrapped in cords, and the Lord gives him strength to break free.  I love it!
 This is my usual breakfast-Passion fruit, kiwi, banana thing
of some other random fruit, and orange jam and toast--yum!
 Guess what I ate this week--Tofu and...pig's blood!
We had some great success with our investigators, and even our RC's this week, and we had a miracle lesson with Steven.  He said he wants to be baptized, for sure.  He's a little nervous about having to always keep all the commandments, but we taught him about the temple and how we have to be worthy to enter, and he's all for it! His baptism date is next Saturday, the 31st! Prayers for him would be awesome! Ah, he's wonderful.  
With our Lin Xian Shan DX, he's getting the Aaronic priesthood this week, and we'll go to the temple next Saturday with him! Wow, I just realized that will be a busy day! All the better. He's been so excited to go and just learn and be with the members. His latest thing that he learned is that Jehovah was actually Christ in the pre-earth life.  Haha oh the life of a recent convert (:

I really should have stuck with ballet...

Guo Jiating is also doing good! They had a death in their family last week, so we're holding off on getting MingYuan the priesthood for one more week. They can't wait to go to the temple though! Ahh, and neither can I (:
 Today was beautiful.  Had to capture this Kodak moment.
Haha okay, Xiao JM is so funny!! We've been really focusing on baptism this month, and we were trying to think of a good biyu (comparison?). She thought of a sneeze! Like before you sneeze, you're all uncomfortable and something's not right. Then you sneeze and you feel so free! So of course, before baptism, you may have sins and guilt and stuff, but then you get baptized and you're clean and free.  Not a bad biyu. 
 Kaorou--District BBQ!
We also had interviews with President Jergensen! I love that man. Hahah and he's as on board with Guo jiating as I am! We didn't really address anything too serious, but I'm definitely going  to gang hao with helping Xiao JM learn English! It will definitely bless her for the rest of her life, so I want to do all that I can to help her learn. 

The view from the mission office--*sigh*

Sorry, today's got to be quick! Oh I almost forgot this week's ponderizing scripture! Mosiah 3:19 for the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been since the fall of Adam, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit and becometh a saint through Christ the Lord,and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, willing to go through anything that the Lord sees fit to put him through (paraphrase) and to be patient. It goes along perfectly with the enabling power of the atonement talk! It will be a great week for ponderizing.  

Love you!!
FengJiemei
 


 I just love Xiao JM (:

No comments:

Post a Comment