Monday, October 26, 2015

Just a Waiguoren on a Bike Wearing a Skirt



I guess it's p day again! You would think I don't have anything to write about, but we had quite a busy weekend. I did get the package, be sure and tell Pres Hughes thanks so much for bringing it! I almost forgot that it's Halloween time, but the treats were a nice reminder, and I've already got to wear my new outfits! Thank you! Haha and Xiao JM loves the kit kats and twix, by the way (: she'll eat one a day and then it gets too sweet for her.  Hope everyone has a fun Halloween weekend!
Our temple day last Wednesday was wonderful. That morning, our district all went to Costco!! Man, it was like stepping into America. The elders bought loads of stuff, but I was totally satisfied with Costco muffins and a hot dog. Haha the samples were all Asian noodles and weird 'healthy' stuff. 
 District COSTCO trip!!! Seriously, the best day ever
Mom, your friend, Sister (Alice) Xiao found me in the temple, and that was just the capstone of the temple trip. And yes, they did pray for the missionaries in the temple (: they didn't have a Chinese session at the same time, so poor Xiao JM had to come to the English one with me. What a trooper! 
We also had temple tours this weekend, and Steven was able to come, and of course, he had a lot of questions, which was great.  He can't wait to go to the temple! Believe it or not, we got to use the new iPads! That was a weird feeling. It definitely brings the spirit more when you use videos and stuff though.  Everyone thinks that the whole mission will get iPads for Christmas, but I won't believe it until I see it! Speaking of Christmas, mom, I honestly can't think of anything. Haha sorry I know you hated when Brigham and Joseph said that, but I'm happy with anything you send me.  I've still got the cute little stocking from last year, so that will be enough if you don't want to go through the trouble!
This was quite the week for my stomach.  I ate clams, pig's blood, shrimp, and octopus! I didn't even get sick! I would definitely eat them all again, except maybe the pig's blood, and now I'm motivated to eat this barbecued squid stuff that's always at the night market.  Haha Xiao JM says that my Chinese is getting really good because I will eat any Taiwanese food.  If that's what it takes, then I'm all in! 

Happy temple day (:
On Sunday during Relief Society, they played a song from Saturday's warrior! haha I'm sure everyone else ting bu dong since it was in English, but I quite enjoyed a little flashback to our Sunday mornings listening to 'Soft Sunday sounds" on FM 100.3.
This Sunday was another 'proud missionary/mother moment'.  Guo dixiong blessed the sacrament for the first time, Guo jiemei said the prayer in sacrament, and Ming Yuan and Lin Xian Shan DX both received the Aaronic priesthood.  I am so humbled to see them so active and just loving and embracing the gospel. I'm glad I've got to see them grow for at least one transfer more! 
 I'm not sure why pics with Guo jiating
is such a frequent thing. Well, here they are again!
This week’s ponderizing scripture is Alma 27:27.  “They were distinguished for their zeal towards God and men.  They were perfectly honest in all things, and firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.”  Haha just last night, we heard people whispering at the traffic light, "tamen shi momenjiao!" "They're Mormons!" Okay, it was probably just a waiguoren on a bike wearing a skirt that gave it away, but it's got to be more than that. I want to be distinguished for my zeal towards God and Taiwanren, have integrity, and be firm in my faith of Christ in order to let other people see our light.  It is there, and people do notice.  I'm thankful for the light that the gospel has brought into my life, and for the people I've been able to bring this light to.  I hope to see them all in the gaorong guodu!!

Love, Feng Jiemei (:

No comments:

Post a Comment