Monday, February 1, 2016

Converted



This has been the craziest week of my life, my dear family!! But I loved every minute of it.  
We got to see the worldwide missionary broadcast, and I learned so much!! It was interesting that it was basically everything that's in PMG and stuff we already know, but just reinforced, and specific ways of how to do it.  I loved what was said about helping investigators recognize the spirit when they feel it from little comments that they make about reading or praying.  I'm going to get better at that! We also repented and have been asking our RC/LA's for referrals, and we'll be going to meet a referral tonight with our LA, Brother Song, because of that. Miracles come from obeying invites from leaders, let me tell you.
 BeiTou + Danshui = The DanTou district!

                                  Yup, we had to go to a Maidanglao her last week in Taiwan
This last week with Sister Wright was so awesome! It was probably the busiest we've ever been, with lessons literally every hour, qing ke's (members taking us out to eat food and paying.. I'm not sure a better way to say that haha) for two meals a day and Sister Wright being song'd a ton of stuff! I'm preparing now haha.  
 This is literally my favorite woman.  We see her every morning at exercise
 Zone pic-Elder Sessions, Hawkes, Dong, Taulepa, Matua, Anderton, Dixon, Peterson,
Francis, Elder qiu, me Sister Qiu (not related), Wright, and Chan
She definitely did not want to go home, but it's all got to happen sometime.  She's from Henderson, NV, by the way.  Someone asked. As we got to the MRT station and watched her zoom away, well honestly, tears streamed down my face.  I know I'm next, but I'm not ready to go home.  I love these people too much, and I feel like I just got here.  Haha I did just get here, just 7 short months ago. With that in mind, I recommitted to make this last transfer my VERY best.  And it has been so far (: 
Y'all are probably wondering about my next companion. Sister Juarez is the best!! We kind of met through the Christmas choir thing, and I love her so much!! She's from Seattle, and like a quarter Mexican. She'll hit her year mark pretty soon, and she is seriously so great! I'm so excited to see what will happen this transfer (: 
 Taking Sister Wright to Jin Hua
See you in America, tongban!  I'll miss this girlie 
We did get over the few days of freezing! It's still been a little rainy, but definitely bearable.   
We've been house hunting this week. We were supposed to go get the keys to move today, but I guess there was a miscommunication and we told the wrong people we want to rent from them.  So that's being taken care of right this second, and hopefully we'll be moving soon. We've already got our house all packed up. On the upside, it's very clean and we threw away a lot of dongxi. The new apartment will be bigger and easier for exchanges when two more sisters come.  If we get the apartment we actually wanted, we'll have a decently big (and red!) kitchen, a working fridge (eeepp!!!) and a big living space.  Hurray!

My favorite statue next to the exercise park (:
small headed banjo player
We met another Feng Jiemei.  She randomly bought
us lunch one day!  Taiwanren are the best
We met with Chantelle this week, and she's doing so great! We actually brought up that she could get baptized a week early, and she was totally down for it! So she's getting baptized on the 13th!! Yay!! I'm so excited (: definitely keep her in your prayers! 

This is the new we (:
I love my new tongban, Sister Juarez!
One cool experience I've already had with Sis Juarez: after our first day together, she said I'm really good at finding in Taipei.  WHAT?? Haha I remember when I first came here, and even still, I sometimes feel like I have no idea what I'm doing!! But I can see now that the Lord has qualified me to do missionary work in the way that He needs me to where I am now in Beitou. I thought back to when Sister Call said I'm a good teacher and I must really like it because I was talking a lot.  It's interesting how that's worked out.  I've really been able to see my weaknesses  turn into strengths, and I'm grateful for companions who have been able to recognize that, as well.  
 We actually got to give some service!  We put up chairs
and tables for thousands of homeless people.  They'll
be feasting on guonian
 Excuse number 7:  GUONIAN KUAI DAOLE!  
Chinese New Years is almost here
My ponderizing scripture for this week is Moroni 8: 25-26, and it basically lays out the gospel of Jesus Christ in two verses! It's awesome! And because we have repented, we will develop all these awesome Christlike attributes and eventually return back to Heavenly Father's presence. I really hope I can memorize it this week, it's a good one!
I've been thinking a lot about my mission.  How I've changed, and how I've grown and stuff.  When I first started out, and even in the middle of my mission, I always thought I'd be so trunky and just ready to go home because every day is so long! Of course I enjoyed the work, but it's always nice to come home at the end of the day and be done.  But now, I want to move apartments on p day so we don't lose any finding time.  I try to talk with everyone because I can't stand to see that cute little family not sealed in the temple.  I teach repentance to help these people actually become converted to the gospel.  I don't want to come in at the end of the day, and I'm pumped to go out in the morning! I love this work so much.  Being a missionary is the most wonderful thing, and I am so glad I made this decision! 

Love, Feng Jiemei

No comments:

Post a Comment