Monday, August 31, 2015

In the Right Place At the Right Time--How Blessed Am I?



 
 After a long day, we were blessed to find a comfy seat on the train (:
Greetings, beautiful family!
This week went by so fast, I just don't know where the time is going! I can't believe tomorrow is already September, especially since last year's September was kind of non-existent to me. Before I forget, happy birthday dad on Sunday!! Maybe they'll let you have an extra dessert or something at the MTC.  Canyon and Savanna, I hope you are working really hard in your new school and making new friends.  Write to me and tell me about all the new things you are learning!
 We went to the fish place again! Who needs pedicures when you have fish?
With Elders Gray, Clawson, Mertz, and Seamons

That's crazy that a ton of changes are being made at BYU! I'm hoping that will still accommodate my scooter (: Sorry sacrament meeting at the MTC didn't go as well as planned! You can only imagine what us 9-weekers felt like! Haha but I promise, I always did my best to sit up and pay attention, even if I was falling asleep.  I hope you'll be able to make a difference with this new district. 
Shower items in a phone booth...go figure
Obviously missionaries aren't all there with the right intent, but as they continue to serve, they will develop it.  Someone said that at the beginning of the mission your motives aren't typically what they should be.  But as you serve diligently and faithfully, all of the beginning motives will fall away and change into what they should be; that is because you love the Lord and want to help others receive eternal life through accepting the restored gospel.  
 We had an LA take us to a way fancy restaurant with about 5 courses!
I never thought the nicest restaurant I've been to would be in Taiwan.
Well, my dreams came true.  On Saturday, Guo jiemei was baptized by her husband! Haha it took a few times to get her all the way under, but it was totally fine. They are so cute! I can't believe how amazing they both are, and just the fact that both of them (not just one of them) are so excited about the church.  Their son, Ming Yuan, and daughter were able to come to the baptism too so that was awesome! We're kind of in the middle of teaching Ming Yuan but he has danbing (army?) until the middle of September, when he'll move closer to home.  The daughter gave us permission to have other missionaries call her, so I really hope that will go well! She didn't seem terribly excited to learn, but maybe this will soften her heart.  There's still one more son, but he's in a band or something and will take a little more time haha. But now this means in one year from now, Guo dixiong and jiemei can get sealed in the temple!! We already have them on date to do baptisms at the temple next month (: I can't wait!!

GUO JIEMEI'S BAPTISM!! With Ming Yuan, Guo dixiong 
(who baptized her), Guo jiemei, and their daughter (:

I often wonder why Sister Strong and I were lucky enough to have the opportunity to teach Guo jiating.  I honestly don't know.  We haven't done anything that any other missionary could have done.  But I just feel so blessed that I've been able to be a part of their conversion.  They were seriously so prepared.  If anything,  we just taught the lessons, and the spirit did the rest. 
Lin Xian Shan dixiong is all ready to be baptized this next week! Haha he's also another one who has definitely been prepared.  Everything we tell him and invite him to do, he just has so much faith to accept it and obey.  We've been in such a hurry to teach him everything he needs to know, but he's taken everything really well.  He's such a trooper! 
We've also got in contact with a recent convert from February, a Yang Zhen Yu. He's so awesome! He's 17, and he just got back from visiting his mom in China.  Last week we taught him, and this week he went early to church to learn how to pass the sacrament! He did awesome! Yesterday we reviewed the plan of salvation, and we also set a goal with him to go to the temple with the ward next month.  Ah, I just love teaching about the temple (: Haha it's always a little scary with members that might get excited and share everything, so we share just the very basics. I'm so stoked for him to go though!
Please do not speak unless asked to do so
The weather this week has actually been quite nice.  It's finally got into a recognizable pattern.  After lunch it rains, then after dinner, it sprinkles a bit, and may or not stop before we go home for the day.  I figure I'll always be wet from either sweat or rain, so I'm okay with the rain to get cooled off.  I'm quite enjoying it. 
 About to eat spicy ice cream--disgusting, by the way
We switched what class we teach for English class, and that's been fun! It's weird having to speak a little more Chinese since we're in the beginning/intermediate class, but I'll get the hang of it. 
Well, that's about all I've got for this week! I'm definitely thankful for the Atonement, and the power that the Spirit can give you.  I feel like I've conquered mountains this week, and we just keep going up from here.  The gospel is a never ending growth process, and I'm so thankful for that.  I keep getting humbled over and over, and I keep receiving strength to overcome my weaknesses from my Heavenly Father.  

Love, Feng Jiemei 

No comments:

Post a Comment